The Douty Foundation provides general operating and program support grants to organizations in Montgomery or Philadelphia counties in Pennsylvania.
Applications are considered in two cycles each year with deadlines of March 15 and September 15.
The Douty Foundation funds:
- 501(c)3 organizations and organizations with a 501(c)3 fiscal sponsor
- Organizations that demonstrate the ability to advance the Douty Foundation’s mission
- Organizations that provide or promote educational opportunities for children & youth
- Organizations with budgets of $1 million or less
- Organizations serving Montgomery and/or Philadelphia counties in Pennsylvania
- Organizations that demonstrate roots in the community
Ideal applicant organizations will demonstrate these qualities:
- Demonstrated inclusion of underserved, unheard or unempowered communities
- Demonstrated commitment to community engagement, education and grassroots leadership
- Demonstrated concern for and responsiveness to diversity and social justice at the program and leadership levels
- Qualified and well-trained volunteers or staff
- Clear vision for the organization and its programs
- Inclusion of constituents in organizational planning
- Good reputation in the community
The Douty Foundation does not fund:
- Organizations that are not tax-exempt under the IRS Code or those without a fiscal sponsor that is tax-exempt
- Programs with religious or political purposes
- Sponsorship or special events
First Time Applicants: First-time applicants are encouraged to apply for one-year program support or general operating support with a maximum request of $5,000.00.
Previously Funded Applicants: Organizations that have received Douty funding previously can request up to $7,500.00 in funding for one year.